- To acquaint the players with the fundamentals of the game.
- To teach proper shooting, passing, dribbling and defense.
- To teach good sportsmanship and teamwork concepts during the season.
- To insure that each team is equal in talent and size by enforcing a draft system throughout the entire program. The Griffin method shall be implemented
Code of Ethics
- Remember that a basketball game is only a game - not the end of the world for the NJB players, coaches, parents, and all participants.
- Acknowledge that NJB promotes the physical, mental, spiritual, moral and emotional soundness of the individual players.
- Understand and accept the rules and regulations of the game.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of the game referees.
- Create an enjoyable atmosphere for all visitors and guests during NJB games.
- Always demonstrate friendly and courteous attitudes toward opponents and game referees.
- Play fairly and strive for good values.
- Emphasize good sportsmanship.
- All adults should conduct their behavior in a positive fashion. Adults are role models for our NJB players.
- Spectators shall never harass the game referees or players or coaches. Cheer every good play, no matter who makes it. Praise our children, and please always recognize the good and never the bad!
- Players shall play for the love of the game - winning without extreme ego, losing without excuses, and never quit.
- Encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment.